Saturday, April 04, 2009

This is retirement....











Yesterday, Raymond and I went to Grapevine to see Patty and Larry's train display.
Grapevine was having a "Thomas and Friends" train rides for the kids and parents. The cost was $18.00 per person and the lines were very long. I am so glad that things didn't cost as much when my kids were little. WOW!
Patty and Larry have a collection of Lionel trains. Patty claims the McDonald collection.
I enjoyed seeing the trains. It reminded me of going to Lenords Department Store at Christmas time with my parents. The store had a Santa and trains for kids. It was a good memory.
My brother has a Lional Train set from the 1950s. Larry gave me a catalog that I am saving for him to look at.
Later that day I went to band practice and then to visit with my mother where an Elvis was preforming.

4 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Happy Retirement!! It makes a lot more sense now that I can see the pictures :)

Emily said...

Congrats on your retirement! I also wanted to mention how much I LOVE the banner that Mr. Kilgore is standing in front of. Great name on it. :0)Hope you guys are looking after my room!

Mary's Pics said...

Dear Emily,

HA HA...yes, we are taking care of your room...;0)
When I saw this Emily sign ....I thought of you.

The Poth's said...

I am impressed! That is a pretty big display of trains. I knew they collected trains, but I didn't realize they were so big! I would love to see those one day - Lex loves trains! Happy Retirement...can't wait to see you!